Prof. Wilson Receives Undergraduate Faculty Advising Award

Dean Beverly Wendland announced the 2017 Excellence in Teaching and Advising Awards for the Krieger School on May 2, 2017.

Prof. Colin Wilson, Associate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Cognitive Science, was conferred the 2017 Undergraduate Faculty Advising Award. This award is given annually to honor a faculty member in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences who has demonstrated a dedication to undergraduates and their education through excellence in advising. Undergraduate and graduate students, faculty members, and alumni submit nominations. Many students write in letters to support their nominations; below are just a couple quotes from Prof. Wilson’s students.

“Professor Wilson’s lectures are accessible, and he is always finding creative ways to keep students engaged, even in a lecture hall of 70+ students. He thinks deeply about the learning process and makes great efforts to break up complex material into ‘bite-sized’ chunks the first time concepts are introduced.”

“Dr. Wilson is not only supportive of me as my adviser, but he also teaches his courses in a manner that allows his students to experience the joy of learning. His approach makes me feel at ease, that he is on my side, and that he wants me to excel both in academics and in life.”