Change to Cognitive Science Major, Math Option B

The Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences recently added a new course to their offerings: AS.200.201 Design & Analysis for Experimental Psychology. It essentially is a “Research Methods II” course and will first be offered in Spring 2019. Additionally, the Research Methods I course number will change from AS.200.207 to AS.200.200 starting Fall 2018.

As a result, we are changing the Cognitive Science major’s Math Option B sequence in the following way (which aligns with the change in math requirements for the Psychology major):

• Incoming students (entering FA18 or after) must take Research Methods I and II AS.200.200 and AS.200.201. (The combination of Research Methods I + Statistical Analysis I + Statistical Analysis II will not satisfy the requirement for incoming students.)
  • Current students (entered FA15 – FA17) may take the original Math Option B sequence (Research Methods I + Statistical Analysis I + Statistical Analysis II) OR the new Math Option B sequence outlined above.

Note that Statistical Analysis I and II will not by themselves suffice to complete either the old or new version of the sequence.

Current students may expect this new Math Option B pathway to be available in their online degree audits by Fall 2018.

The online Academic Catalog outlines the Cognitive Science Major requirements. The new Math Option B pathway will not be reflected there until Fall 2018.