The Research Assistant provides administrative and research support to Georgetown’s Early Learning Project. S/he assists with laboratory as well as with recruiting and testing of study participants. S/he will be trained to run memory flexibility, memory interference and cognitive flexibility studies and collect data in the field and code data in the laboratory. Reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI) and working with a PhD student, the Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Participates in field visits to the participants’ homes to collect data.
- Performs coding and collation of data – and trains team members on coding practice
- Performs administrative duties – for example, preparation of materials for families, and maintenance of records.
- Participates in team meetings and answers logistical questions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college
- Preference for Spanish speaking skills
- Current driver’s license
- Preference for prior research experience working directly with young children