The below resources and forms are intended to assist the Department of Cognitive Science members with business purchases and travel arrangements in compliance with University, divisional, and departmental policies.
To use these resources effectively: First, read the JHU policy on the business expense topic(s) of interest. Then, reference the KSAS Supplement to determine whether divisional policy is more restrictive on the business expense topic(s) of interest.
- JHU Business Travel & Expenses Policy (09/2021)
- KSAS Supplement to Travel & Business Expense Policy (10/2018)
Finally, the Department of Cognitive Science has provided a quick reference for the most common business expenses as well as a webpage outlining the preferred method of purchase for common types of business expenses.
- CogSci Travel & Expense Quick Reference Guide (11/2021)
- CogSci Business Expense Methods-of-Purchase and Reimbursement Guide
- JH Travel Portal: Includes travel alerts, booking travel (Concur, TripLink), preferred vendors at negotiated rates, materials for safe and secure travel, etc
- KSAS Grad & Postdoc Travel Resources: Before travel, consider a few administrative, health, and safety issues before leaving the country.
PhD Student Travel/Research Policy
- CogSci PhD Student Travel/Research Policy (rev. 02.2022)
- CogSci Grad Student Travel/Research Request Form – under revision to comply with 2021 updates