Director of Graduate Studies, Colloquium Planning Co-Chair; Grad Travel Chair
Areas of interest: Formal semantics, pragmatics, syntax, and the interfaces of these fields, mathematical linguistics, philosophy of language (mainly philosophical semantics), computational semantics.
Particular topics of interest: questions/interrogatives, question-answer discourse, dynamics, conditionals and modification, regular polysemy, argument structure, large-scale experimental linguistics / crowdsourcing, computational models of the lexicon, compositionality, implementation in formal semantics.
- AS.050.107 Language and Advertising
- AS.050.317/050.617 Semantics I
- AS.050.322/050.622 Semantics II
- AS.050.370/050.670 Mathematical Models of Language
- AS.050.321/050.621 Syntax II
- AS.050.817 Research Seminar in Semantics
- EN.600.625 Event semantics in theory and practice (co-taught with Benjamin Van Durme)
View Kyle Rawlins's profile on Google Scholar for a complete publications list.